Monday, February 18, 2008

Lenovo Is Terrible

Everything about my Lenovo T60P is terrible. EVERYTHING. But, for you to truly understand I guess I should start from the beginning.

I am a graduate student at the Medill School of Journalism where I study Integrated Marketing Communications. When I was accepted to the program the school sent me a letter recommending that I purchase a Lenovo T60P, and a large amount of software that included SPSS, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite 3.

One might think that my real beef for my computer woes lies with Microsoft; however, this would be an incorrect conjecture. Lenovo installs the ThinkVantage software components along with the windows software and this is where my trouble began.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel your pain. I was told by the IT people at Medill that the ONLY computer that was good enough to handle the rigors of IMC was the Lenovo. To my astonishment and horror, the MACs, Dells and pretty much EVERY other brand of computer handles the software better than my Medill-sanctioned Lenovo. The second this program ends I am selling this peice of junk and buying a cute labtb that works.

Medill IMC said...

Lenovo is not worth the dough. I called them in December for help with the CD Burning software, which still doesn't work on my machine. (Does anyone's Roxio work?) I called them 4 times, and the software STILL is incapacitated. A waste of time and energy.

The funny thing is, when I called, the tech guys were bashing the machine too! Saying it was a better operation when owned by IBM. I believe 'em -- my old Win 2000 IBM laptop works better than this.

Don't do it, future IMC students and fellow American consumers: don't spend $4000 at CDW to buy the Lenovo the machine and software. You can do better.

Ponderer said...

I'm so glad i dont have that laptop, my Dell kicks a** even tho its 3 yr old! ! ! !

ateeq said...

Apart from one disappointed customer, I have heard great things about HP.

amestar said...

Here is a link for further discussion.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2